Home Services & Home Health Care
Home Services agencies provide personal non-medical services such as cleaning, cooking, bathing, grooming, and toileting. These services are NOT covered by traditional Medicare though they may be covered by Medicare Advantage and/or state programs. Home Health Care agencies provide skilled nursing, therapy, medical supplies, and medical social services to your home. Medicare generally covers home health services when they are ordered by a physician.
Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (LFHCC): Caregiver Support. The Caregiver Support Program at the LFHCC can help you find home care and home health care for a Veteran family member. In some instances, they may pay you and/or another designated caregiver to provide care to your loved one. For additional information, contact
email@example.com or call 224-610-2273.
The Community Care Program offers home services for eligible older adults, available through Lake County Senior Services. Email GetHelp@catholiccharities.net, or call (847) 782-4000 in Lake County and for assistance. NOTE: Call volume is extremely high so email is recommended if you are unable to find what you need on their web site.
Medicare Home Health Compare. Use this website to locate and compare local home health providers.
Senior Services Coalition of Lake County Member Directory. Use this website for a listing of many of the home service and home health agencies and other organizations serving Lake County’s older adult population.
Illinois Department of Public Health: Licensed Home Services and Home Health Directories.
NOTE: Always request Illinois Department of Public Health licensing number from potential providers.
- Click here to find and verify Lake County agencies with an active Home Services license as of August 2021.
- Click here to find and verify Lake County agencies with an active Home Health license as of August 2021.
Notes on using the Illinois Department of Public Health Home Services and Home Health databases….
- Click Add Filters link at far left of page to sort.
- Click Select a field in the box that appears above Add Filters.
- Select County.
- Enter or scroll to Lake.
- You can also
- Sort the list by any column.
- Export a copy of the list in different formats (i.e. CSV, JSON, PDF, RDF, RSS, XLS, XLSX, or XML).
- E-mail the link to the list to another user.