As a not-for-profit organization, the Lake County CaregiverNet relies heavily on revenue from donations, grants, in-kind gifts, and fundraising events. As a new not-for-profit, our current budget is very tight.
If you can donate any of the things listed below, more of our funds can be used to educate and support the unpaid family members, friends, and neighbors who care for loved ones. If you have something to donate that's not on our wish list, just call 847-596-8226 or email us to find out if we can use what you have. Please note that we unable to take medical equipment or larger items such as walkers and wheelchairs.
Thank you for helping us support others through your donation of...
- Unopened packages of multipurpose paper for use in copiers and printers (8 1/2 x 11 inches, white and colors)
- Gift cards from Staples or OfficeMax
- Top-tab file folders (for 8 1/2 x 11 paper, standard manila and colors) and other filing supplies such as labels and hanging folders
- 1, 2 or 4 gig memory sticks or "thumb drives"
- Bags of wrapped candy for workshops, health fairs, and meetings
- Snacks for support group participants and educational program attendees (food and drinks that keep, such as boxes of tea, hot chocolate mix, granola bars and other wrapped food items)
- Gifts/prizes to be raffled or auctioned at a fundraising event (think about what might appeal to YOU, such as popular electronic gadgets, attractive gift baskets or luxury gift certificates)
- Invitations to speak at your church, class or community group (honorariums greatly appreciated)
- “Forever" stamps from the post office